29.9.10

A Visually Rhetoric Kind of Year...

Hello blogging buddies! It has been a while since I've updated my blog but I'm happy to be back and let you all in on the trials and tribulations of being a 3rd year UWO student and of course... style ranger. In case you forgot, my name is Joseph and I'm currently studying media communications. Halfway through my degree I feel more confident than ever that my future is in fashion. After graduation I plan to pursue a post graduate degree at the esteemed Parsons School of Design in New York City. In order to prepare myself for the grueling fashion industry I have enrolled in a writing class called "Visual Rhetoric and Analysis". For the class I will be writing 6 image analyzes within this blog which will give you, my loyal readers, a deeper understanding of contemporary media texts (photos, films, etc...). So then this since you have 6 exiting posts to look forward from me, I think it would be appropriate to know who I am as person!

Souce

This is an image of the most recent Tommy Hilfiger TH Denim Campaign. How does this describe me you ask!? Simple. The photo represents fun, friendship, and spontaneity. All characteristics of my personality. I love life and try to live as much as a carefree lifestyle as possible, while still keeping track of paper deadline and class attendance of course! Now I can dissect this image in full detail, but I'll save it for future blog entries!

5 comments:

  1. Foolish Young Man!

    There are some concepts you have yet to learn, such as professional integrity, courtesy and respect!

    You are certainly NOT The Style Ranger! What kind of creativity do you possess by pilfering some one else's professional identity?

    I doubt that Parsons would look kindly upon a neophite that exhibits such a lack of professional ethics!!

    You reap what you "sew"! Looks like your heading for the weeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joseph,

    Great Post! I enjoyed this campaign as well.Seems to me like you're very passionate in fashion.

    I’m not sure if you’ve heard but as of May 12, Eye Weekly will no longer exist. In its place, we’re launching a new brand called The Grid, a youthful, accessible voice for Toronto.

    One of the really cool things we’re doing on our new site is something called Off the Grid Blogs, which are essentially hyper-local feeds about music, fashion and design, and food and drink. In these subject areas—or “Tribes,” as we like to call them--we’ve brainstormed a dream team of local bloggers who we’d love to work with. The good news: you’ve been selected!

    If you are interested, please email a response to the Editor-in-Chief of Off the Grid at lt@thegridto.com with “fashion” in the subject line.

    Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
    Thegridto blogs team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian wannabe who steals other people's ideas one thing I have learned in life is to be original. You are not period. I have blogged 100 times in the last two years and a lot of you content scraping scum have ripped me off just like you are doing with the name styleranger. So sad that you don't even have enough creativity to create your own name. What a joke I though Canadians had some class and I even helped build a Toronto based company, they didn't steal ideas. That is why you can't blOg because you have nothing to share face it you are a joke. Keep stealing I bet you cheat on everything don't you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete