27.10.09

Black Beauties

So I'm sure ALL the major fashion blogs already posted on this and as outdated as it may be I think it's something that should be discussed. Two of the top African American models, Jourdan Dunn and Chanel Iman, graced the October 2009 issue of Teen Vogue and GIRL did they ever WORK IT!



Anyways, I think it's sad that we have come so far in the growth of multiculturalism and abolishing racism yet these two names are the only big ethnic names within the modeling industry right now. At least they aren't pitted against each other like Tyra and Naomi were...but nonetheless the article outlines how that competition exists. I haven't bought Teen Vogue ever since Zac Effron was worth of making their cover story but I thought this would be an exception. The article is amazing and the editorial is a dream.

PICK IT UP BEFORE THE NEW ISSUE COMES OUT WITH SOME TWEEN STARLET ON THE COVER!

Images from community.livejournal.com/modelcouture/

No comments:

Post a Comment