29.9.09

SEPTEMBER ISSUES

So ALL summer I waited for Vogue's in-depth documentary "The September Issue" to come out and on the last days of my summer break I was able to watch the opening screening in New York City!
The movie follows editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine, Anna Wintour, and the collaborative process of her and her team to create the September 2008 issue of Vogue magazine. Words cannot even describe how much I enjoyed this movie. I don't think I even blinked when I was watching it. The movie is very similar to "The Devil Wears Prada," and perhaps it was that movie that encouraged Vogue to clear up any presumptions or misconceptions of Vogue magazine. Just sitting here trying to write a review for the movie is hard just because I still am speechless from what graced my eyes a month ago. All I can say is that if you enjoy fashion, clothes, and design this movie is for you. The creative genius of Ms. Wintour, along with cameo appearances from the world's noted fashion photographers and designers allows viewers to literally take a backseat on the creative process of the multi-billion dollar magazine which decides what is in and what is out in fashion!

Click here to watch a preview of PURE glory!

Image from guestofaguest.com/

1 comment:

  1. They're having a showing Thursday night during Fashion Week. I'm going to try to hit that up.

    ReplyDelete